Thursday, June 22, 2006

Now I live in lakefront property!

I just got back into Toledo last night... and we've had one of the worst thunderstorm in the past 25 years... 4inches fell in one hour! Laast evening I got a chance to visit my friend Steve in Cleveland, and as I left we were starting to get hit with a massive storm. I drove down the turnpike from Cleveland to Toledo right through severe thunder, some hail, and heavy rain with about 30 yard visibility... which meant I wasn't going much faster than 40mph.

today Steve sent me an image he saved from weather underground of the total rainfall from last night... what a storm!


When I turned down my street to pull into my driveway, I found it flooded! I had to drive up and across the lawn to avoid the water... and overnight thw water kept rising. By the is morning it looks like there's a lake in my front yard.


Also, at the end of the road Glenway there is a small brick house. This one is not built up on top of the hill like the others... its lawn has disappeared and it looks like their 1st floor is under 2 feet of water... worst yet, I saw the house up for sale a few weeks ago. Talk about bad luck...


In all my 8 years of living here, I've never seen anything like this. I'm sure Ditzy hasn't either in all of his 3 years of life... but cats are curious. I'm sure he's wondering if there's any fish to be found in there.


This is all spill over from a ditch adjacent to the street. It has overflowed its banks, washing some beer bottles, litter, and plant debris up onto the lawn.


The concrete tunnel the drains the nearby ditch into the Ottawa River has vanished. The only signs of it are these massive gurgling sounds coming from the water where its submerged.


The city was by this morning to inspect the flooding, as were a few neighbors. I checked the Toledo Blade today, but somehow they missed this street in their article... well that's somewhat to be expected. This area is pretty secluded, which is why I like it so.

And now that its lakefront property, I hope the rent won't get raised!

-Tim

No comments: