Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Ditzy's Night Out

Last week I helped my boss with his IGU conference. From Tuesday to Friday I was gone from 8am to 11pm every night. My cat was not happy being left alone. Then, on Friday, as soon as I finished the conference I went to visit my family in Canton for the weekend, leaving Ditzy alone with a big bowl of food until I returned on Sunday night.


Well... cabin fever must've set in for the little guy, because while I was on the phone when I got back sunday night, Ditzy managed to open the screen door and take off! I didn't notice he had got out until he was clean out of sight.

From 1am to 5am I went out looking for him, but with no success. I watched some Tivo and continued searching ever 10 minutes or so.

By 5am I was dead tired and had given up. I wouldn't find him until he was good and ready. As I turned off the lights and went to shut the back door, Ditzy popped his head from around the corner and gave a questioning "meow?"

He was wet, muddy, and covered with little cockleburrs... and he looked tired too.





...he didn't even wipe his feet.

I had to give him a bath the next day. He wasn't happy about it, but he didn't fight me.

I guess I'm going to have to make sure to always lock the screen door now.

Stupid cat... no.. the problem is he isn't stupid at all...

No comments: