Thursday, April 13, 2006

Doing the Happy Dance



Today, after 3 years of research and 2 years of writing (okay, 6 months of writing and 18 months of edits), my research paper has finally been submitted to a journal for publication.

That's not to say that they still won't reject it, but I'm still doing the happy dance because it is done.

One thing I know about myself is that my 'shadow side' likes to start a project, get about 90% of the way done, and then abandon it, never to finish. That's a part of myself I don't like, so today's submission for me is a celebration, a triumph, so to speak, over that part of me that tends to leave things undone.

Yay!!!!

...now to do the dishes. [sigh]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah and congrats from a fellow procrastinator!

Matt said...

Congratulations! I'd cite your paper if I could. :)