Friday, February 03, 2006

Stupid Mac Tricks: Vol. 1

This is my first experiment with my new Mac and Garageband. I basically took a choral piece we're performing at my church and sight-read all 4 parts (to the best of my vocal range). The recording is a pale comparison to how this song sounds with a full compliment of singers...It's rough and not very refined (more practice on my part could help!), but I'm amazed that something like this can be done on a computer right out of the box!!

BTW: The song is "An American Thanksgiving - I. Webster" from the Songs of the Sacred Harp, by Carol Barnett. I found a sample clip of the piece online. It's worth hearing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehheheh...hehehehe.heheheh
he said come.....hehhehe

nice try out of the box, it's a blast, no? you need to get a keyboard, and add some of you own accompaniment. Keep pounding that music. I think this is the first I have ever heard a SATB mixed, from a single artists

Mac Rules

CYA