Friday, April 15, 2005

Cub Scouts and Bicycles

So it's finally Friday... I've promised myself out for tonight and tomorrow to help out with a cub scout event. A BMX bike course. This time I won't be an assistant... I'll be the one running the event. I'm a bit worried because I'm not good at "laying-down-the-law" so to speak. I hate to say no or to correct someone, especially children who need to hear it. I guess I just don't like to be the bad guy. Also, since I have no parenting experience, this is unknown territory for me. Luckily their fathers will be there too, so usually they will jump in and watch after their kids when needed.

Tonight I go check out the course. It has been cloudless here all week (a miracle for Toledo Ohio), and hopefully the weather will hold for tomorrow.

No comments: