Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Airbus A320 Comin' Out of the Sky...

I'm off for a 2-week vacation to San Francisco. I was treated to a window seat and a lovely view.

What a sight… the sun was setting, and my window was facing almost directly west. The ground was mostly obscured with a thin covering of clouds, but looking directly westward, a ribbon of rivers, ponds, and lakes reflected the orange sunlight, looking like pieces of gold amidst a fog... dozens of small suns lining the ground. I was reminded of what my friend Jyothy said about Hinduism and their many gods… that these gods are like fonts of water reflecting the sunlight that is God, and though they shine with God’s brilliance, they are merely illusions…reflections of Him.

1 comment:

The Dno said...

What? Security didn't jump all over you and take your camera? Did you hide it in your shoe? Hehehehe. Sorry.

Nice pic.