Wednesday, January 25, 2006

As of today, I'm going Mac


So, I just ordered a new personal computer today to replace my Windows98 dinosaur (the best the year 1999 had to offer). I guess you could say I was overdue for an upgrade. I just couldn't take another Blue screen O' Death, let alone the video gobblygook that appeared whenever I closed a window (random pixels, trailing multiple afterimages whenever I moved it, etc.), or the surfing 20 web pages then the computer freezing. I don't understand how a company can put out an OS this bad and have people continue to come back and buy more stuff from them. I'm tired of feeding the beast that is Microsoft. So I checked out the Apple store for refurbished computers - they're supposed to have good deals (according to the IT guys here at work), along with the standard warranty you'd get from a new one. And wouldn't you know, there, for $719, was a refurbished G4 1.2GHz ibook. I didn't expect to find a laptop, but it seems like a good deal. I should have it in 2 weeks.

2 comments:

historymike said...

Good luck, Tim. Every person I know who has switched to Macs swears by them, but like a Pavlovian dog I keep trotting back to Microsoft...

The Dno said...

Too bad they can't make huge ones and call them Big Macs.